Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Healthy Halloween Treats

Since we have been making smarter, healthier choices at home, I decided that we shouldn't  make the upcoming holidays any exception. That means the norm of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and bags of mini-fun-sized-sugar filled chocolate candies are not going to cut it this year. I've been reading all the health food blogs about their ideas of healthy giveaways and it got me excited. Then I looked into preparation for some of these ideas and they are obviously thought up by either stay-at-home moms or parents who don’t need sleep. So I've concocted my own little list of treats that we are going to give out at both our Pumpkin Decorating Party and at our church Truck’n’Treat…


#5 - Draw a pumpkin face on something orange!

This takes a little time, I'll admit... and it's one of the more expensive options I have listed here, which is why it is #5 on my list. But it's so stinkin' cute. A bag of 12 tangerines at Walmart is $3.99 and a box of 16 Mandarin orange cups (no sugar added) is $7.99 at Sam's.




#4 - Spider rings… seriously, do these ever get old!

These are just old fashioned fun. Kids and adults love putting on these plastic spider rings. But they aren't just for handouts, they are a super easy way to decorate cakes and cupcakes for parties. Not to mention, CHEAP! A bag of 125 spider rings are only $5 at your local party store.




#3 - BUBBLES... Tell me what kid doesn't LOVE bubbles?

I found 12 packs of these little multi-colored bubbles for $3 at a local Party City. This is a cheap, fun gift that you can give to all the kiddos. Bonus, imagine the magical atmosphere with all those kids blowing all those bubbles...





#2 - Halloween stickers!


You can purchase a pack of Halloween stickers and hand out individually... It's super easy to find these at your local party store for cheap! 



#1 - Candy… DUH!


Believe it or not, there is healthy candy out there folks! And if you buy in bulk, it's much cheaper... I got this bag of 325 YummyEarth lollipops (tasted one, actually really YUMMY!) for only $30! This candy is crazy... organic; allergen-free; gluten-free; GMO-free; egg-free; soy-free; nut-free; casein free; dairy free; no artificial dyes or flavors (they use purple carrots and red cabbage for coloring); and they come in 8 awesome flavors. I know these will take me all the way through our Pumpkin Decorating Party and Trunk'n'Treat... and maybe a few to take to work to satisfy a mid-day sweet tooth.



I would love to know what your favorite Halloween treats are for this year. Tell me in the comments below or post your ideas on my Facebook Page! 




No comments:

Post a Comment