Tuesday, October 23, 2012

50 Shades of Gray


She gently patted the beaded moisture from the creases in her neck, and gazed at her naked body in the mirror. She bent over the sink slightly, holding the damp towel between her bosom. There she stared into her own eyes, glimmering with fantasies, as the gentle sound of the water drained from the bath tub. Clusters of bubbles still gathered on her milky white hips and dangled from the ringlets of hair at the back of her neck. As she examined herself, she noticed a shimmer… a glowing tress. Her insides filled with heat and the glass began to steam from her warm breath. Could it be? No, this was not the right place, not the right time… She fingered it softly and to her repulsion she did confirm that it was true, it was all true. Her head began to spin as she realized what she had just plucked from herself was…

A f*cking gray hair!!! What the hell is it doing there? I’m not a person who has gray hair. This is ridiculous. The only reason I’m accepting this with any dignity is because my husband has come down with the symptoms as well. Gray hairs litter his chest and chin and 3 spots on his head (I know, because I cut his hair).

Needless to say, I will be calling an exterminator (or my colorist) to remedy this terrible incident. Since the hubs has a far worse case than I do, I will blame him for the infection. By Friday, my 50 shades of gray will be 50 shades of beautiful coffee. I'm quite sure that one day I will embrace the silver fox, but that day is not today. Today I am a VERY young mother of a 7 month old baby. Today I am everything but gray...

Is life turning you gray?


No comments:

Post a Comment